5 Reasons to Hire a Digital Marketing AgencyWednesday, September 11th, 2013 by Erin Peters
You’ve decided you need help with marketing your product or service and you’ve joined millions who know that digital marketing is a more cost effective and valued way to reach qualified customers. Digital agencies come in many shapes and sizes, from high end global clients, to boutique and specialty agencies.
Imagine that a sudden rain storm has flooded your backyard and is starting to seep into your newly carpeted game room. Instincts tell you to grab some towels and prepare for the impending stream of sludge. You wouldn’t think to fix the broken pipe that has released the deluge, so you call an expert not only to fix the problem, but to design something that will work during future storms. Think of a digital marketing agency not only as your plumber, but as your house architect, construction contractor, handy man, real estate agent and property manager.
According to 2013 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends research, put together by none other than the Content Marketing Institute (CMI) and MarketingProfs, 64% say their biggest challenge is “producing enough content.”
It’s simply more efficient to engage a full service agency as your marketing partner.
See the following five compelling reasons why agencies offer your business big advantages and potentially, big dollar signs:
1. Digital Marketing Expertise: Spending too much outside of your expertise hurts your attempts at moving forward. The technology has gone through a sea of changes in the last five years alone. A digital marketing agency not only will be up-to-date on these innovations, they’ll make sure your marketing campaigns fully leverage their capabilities. An agency will provide specific expertise in campaign development and analytics so that the project will get done faster and done significantly better. If you want to add on to your house, would you try to do it yourself without any construction experience? If you are looking to build a winning brand image, digital agencies are simply more experienced in having you compete & succeed in the marketplace.
2. Increased Value: Believe it or not, many times when working with an agency or an outside expert, it will be far cheaper than trying to do everything in house or hiring another employee. Consider the tremendous amount of thought, research and time that goes into the rebranding, design and social media execution. You want your company and brand to exude the highest quality mission and value statement; don’t lower your standards in hopes of saving a few dollars. There are local agencies today which can meet the needs of small businesses within nearly any budget. Find an agency who can work within your budget to help you make a substantial splash.
3. Branding Identification & Perspective: You know your customer, but it’s sometimes hard to see the forest for the trees. A full service agency typically gains more insights into your business and the industry as a whole. An outside digital marketing agency is intimately familiar with general customer behavior and may even have experience with your industry and competitors. Agencies also often specialize in creating or solidifying brand messaging. Listening is one of our core strengths. Through this listening, agencies will find out a company’s core values, the brand image they want to portray and what guides the business. Why should your audience trust and engage with your company? An agency can help your brand expand into new channels with the appropriate and engaging proposition, while reaching your ideal target audience.
4. Resources & Implementation: when you hire a digital marketing agency, you’ll also be getting valuable resources to help you with everything from keyword lists, search engine optimization (SEO), lead generation, blog posts and social media updates. Internet marketing programs often fail to reach fruition due to failure to implement. Does your company know about and have access to the proper resources, software reporting tools and promotional applications? Who is in charge of implementing mechanical SEO implementation in order to make sure your company website is optimized and compliant with Google’s updates and algorithms?
5. Current Strategy is Broken (or you have no strategy): Many successful businesses have been there before. Build on failure and use it as a stepping stone. When referrals are down and you need help to take your business to the next level, getting a qualified set of eyes to help with strategy and execution can mean the difference between exponential increase in revenue and closing the doors.
Whether developing a new website, designing product packaging, strategizing social media efforts, or creatively writing blog posts, everything must be true to your brand and positioning. Full service marketing agencies have the knowledge and approach to cover creativity, strategy and analytics to your business.